System Administrators can set up the User Relationship Hierarchy for their users. Doing so defines users as either Managers or Reports and sets the visibility of users’ private documents in Conga Collaborate, giving them access only to documents that pertain to them, their managers, or their direct reports and filtering out documents they don’t need to see.
Here’s the breakdown of who can do what after they’re assigned a role:
- Managers can filter the Dashboard and Document List by their Reports by searching for the document owner.
- Reports do not have visibility to managers’ private documents if they are in a Standard User role.
- Everyone can see public documents in the documents list.
- A Manager can see a Report's documents, even those set to Private.
- A Report can have multiple Managers, and Managers can have multiple Reports.
These steps pertain to clients using Conga Collaborate’s default Roles and Permissions. If you are using custom Roles and Permissions, things may be a little different.
Use these steps to configure the User Relationship Hierarchy:
- From your user drop down menu, click Administration.
- Click Users.
- Choose the user you wish to set as a Manager or Report.
- Click the Relationships tab.
- Select users who will be Managers and Reports in the Manager and Report selection boxes.
- Click Save.