Integrate DocuSign into your Conga Collaborate account in order to access a powerful, full-featured e-signature platform. You can capture client signature and initials using standard DocuSign tags. You can also collect other client information within Conga Collaborate by using custom DocuSign tags that you define.
The DocuSign-Conga Collaborate integration gives you:
- Signature block placed at the end of your document automatically
- E-signature variables that allow you to dictate where your client signature and initials will go
- Signed PDF of the document that includes the e-signable Attachments
- Email notifications for when your document is viewed and signed
- Ability to create custom DocuSign tags that allow our clients to enter information into your Conga Collaborate document - Note: Available with DocuSign Pro only
- Send on Behalf - improves record accuracy by automatically setting Conga Collaborate document owners as owners of the corresponding DocuSign envelopes
- Certificate of Completion - attaches extra information about the signer to the signed PDF
Before you Begin
- You need System Administrator permissions.
- DocuSign is a required feature and must be enabled for your account.
Integrating DocuSign with Conga Collaborate
To enable the integration:
- From your user drop-down in the upper right-hand corner, go to Administration > Integrations > DocuSign.
- Enter your DocuSign Username and Password.
- If you are using a demo DocuSign account, select Demo Endpoint.
- Check the box for Send on Behalf. Note: In order for this feature to work, the end user must have the same email address in both Conga Collaborate and DocuSign.
- Click Show Accounts.
- Select the account you wish to integrate with Conga Collaborate.
- Click Connect.
Note: Your DocuSign Administrator MUST perform the connection with your DocuSign account (if a standard DocuSign user connects the integration, DocuSign will only recognize the integration user as someone who is creating envelopes inside of DocuSign).
Using Conga Collaborate’s DocuSign integration
To enable DocuSign for the document/template:
- Open your document or template.
- Click the Integrations panel.
- Select DocuSign in the Electronic Signature section.
Adding signature variables
By default, Conga Collaborate adds a signature block at the very end of the document. If you would like your client to sign or initial the document in other places:
- Open the Content panel.
- Select Variables.
- Click ESignature.
- Add specific DocuSign variables to where you would like DocuSign tags placed throughout your document. Conga Collaborate supports the following DocuSign tags by default:
- /s1/ adds a signature field for signer 1
- /i1/ adds an initial field for signer 1
Note: To add tags for additional signers, insert /s#/ into the document, where # is replaced with the number of your signer
To add signers and designate signer order:
- Open the People panel.
- Click Add People.
- Enter recipient information and assign signer order. You can edit signer information after it is added to the document by clicking on the gear icon in the recipients’ contact card:
Signing the document
Once the client reviews and clicks Accept, the signature process moves into DocuSign. The client follows the on-screen directions to complete the signature process. After signature is completed, both the signer and the document owner receive email notifications indicating that the document is signed.
Generating e-signable attachments
Conga Collaborate document attachments can be included in the e-signable DocuSign envelope:
- Open your document and click Attachments at the bottom of the Table of Contents panel.
- Click Add File to upload from your desktop or click Cloud File to download from a configured cloud storage service.
- Choose your attachment and upload it.
- Beside your attachment, check the Include in ESignable PDF checkbox.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with as many files as you’d like to attach to your Conga Collaborate document.