In order to setup this functionality, you must be a System Administrator. Additionally, you must contact your account manager to establish this ability within your account. Once Download to Word has been setup within your account, this functionality will be available for all users.
Downloading your Conga Collaborate documents to Word gives you more control on how you would like to deliver your documents to your clients. This functionality was designed to improve our customers’ workflows and processes. Downloading your documents to Word is still in Beta, and our developers are working to improve our ability to do this process. If you have any other questions about this feature, please reach out to your account manager.
How to Create a Word Template
- Open a Word document.
- Save the document as a .dotm format through Save As.
- Open your Default Theme within Conga Collaborate.
- Click the Show Advanced button.
- Click the Content button so that you can see the different Heading and Paragraph styles.
- Within Word, click into your Styles Pane so that you have access to your Heading and Paragraph styles.
- Begin the process of matching your Conga Collaborate styles with your Word styles. Example: If your Heading 1 in Conga Collaborate is Helvetica, your Heading 1 in Word must also be Helvetica.
- When you make changes within your Styles Pane, ensure that you are clicking on the Add to template checkbox.
- Continue going through this process until all of the styles within your theme builder match the styles within your Styles Pane.
- Once you have finished making the necessary styles changes, save your Word document (Remember, this must be in the .dotm format).
- Within your Conga Collaborate Theme Builder click on the Word Beta tab.
- Upload your newly created Word template file.
Do not change the Normal style within your Word Styles pane. Doing this will break your Word download ability.
How to Download Your Documents to Word
Once you have completed your Word Template, you will be able to download your Conga Collaborate documents to a Word format.
- Open a Conga Collaborate document you would like to download to Word.
- Click into the Properties tab on the right-hand side of your document.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Click on Enable Word download.