You can use Web Merge to automatically populate fields of fillable PDFs through Conga Collaborate. Web Merge enables you to reference variable data from a document, CRM platforms, and Formstack entries.
Follow these steps to upload and auto-populate a PDF:
- From your Account Settings view, click Web Merge from the left-side menu.
- Click the Add Merge Document button.
- Choose your PDF by using the search field or the Choose File button (the PDF must be a fillable PDF).
- (Optional) Check the box next to Flatten to prevent the PDF from being edited after it’s auto-populated.
- (For Formstack-integrated accounts only) Choose the form that document owners complete to populate information that isn’t available in the document or CRM variables.
- Click Save. You see a list of fillable fields from your PDF.
- Select one of three Default Value Types next to each field.
- Use String to insert a single static value.
- Use Variable to reference a document, CRM, or form variable value.
- Use Condition to insert one of two static values based on an evaluation of one or more variable values.
- Click Save.
Use the Properties tab to add saved Merge documents to a Proposal template.
Document owners and recipients can find completed merge documents from the Download Documents button in the Table of Contents.