This error message appears in the Conga Template Builder and View Data workbook.
- The report is returning too many results (rows of data). Conga Composer Release 7 supports a maximum of 1,500 results per report while Release 8 supports a maximum of 2,500 results per report.
- Matrix reports, joined reports, and historical trending reports are not supported. these report types. You may also receive this error message if you have exceeded the limit for rows or lines of data.
- The report is not returning any data because the report filters are not configured properly.
- The report ID referenced in the Conga Composer button or link URL is incorrect.
- The report is inaccessible.
- The report no longer exists.
- There is a space in the Conga Composer button or link URL preventing the report ID from being read.
What to do
- Limit your report to align with the 1,500 or 2,500 result maximum. Please see the Know Your Conga Limits article for more information on limitations.
- Use a summary or tabular type of report.
- Conga Composer's default behavior is to pass the Salesforce record ID of the master object (usually the object from which you launch Conga Composer) to the first filter in each report. Ensure your report is configured to accept the master object ID or update the Composer button or link URL to override this behavior. Please see How to Use Salesforce Reports with Conga Composer for further details.
- Ensure the report ID referenced in the button or link URL corresponds to the report you want Conga Composer to run. Copy the report ID from the button or link URL and paste it into the browser's Salesforce URL to confirm it is indeed the proper report.
- Do you have access to the report? It may be saved in a report folder to which you don't have access. Copy the report ID from the button or link URL and paste it into the browser's Salesforce URL to confirm
- The report may have been deleted. Copy the report ID from the button or link URL and paste it into the browser's Salesforce URL to confirm it is available. If it's not available, check the Salesforce Recycle Bin and undelete the report.
- Edit the button or link URL and delete any spaces (there should be zero spaces in the URL). Spaces often "hide" at the ends of lines within the URL.