Extended Ping & Trace Route Instructions
In situations where timeout or connection issues are experienced, it may be helpful to run an extended ping (>100 pings) to see whether the some packets are dropped. This will create a text file in the current directory that can be emailed to you.
Extended Ping Instructions
- Open a command window from Windows Start > Run > CMD and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Type "CD Desktop” and then hit Enter.
- Enter the following text: ping www.congamerge.com -n 100 > apxt_ping_results.txt and hit Enter.
- The results from this extended ping test will be in a text file on your desktop called apxt_ping_results.txt
Trace Route Instructions
- In a Command window (you may use the same one you used in the above instructions for the extended ping), enter the following text: tracert www.congamerge.com > apxt_tracert_results.txt
- Hit Enter
- The results from this trace route test will be in a text file on your desktop called apxt_tracert_results.txt