You can create a powerful solution in just a few steps.
Conga Composer® offers three methods of building a solution, depending on your needs and how granular you want to be as you create the solution.
You can use the Quick Start wizard in Composer 8.15 to get started with Composer solutions quickly. The wizard allows you to select and deploy pre-built solutions complete with queries, templates, and behaviors that are already configured. For more information, see Composer Quick Starts.
Use Solution Manager to have a convenient place to create as sophisticated a solution as you need. Solution Manager lets you build your solution from one screen and keep a history of the button URL as it changes over time. For more information, see Creating and Managing Solutions using Solution Manager.
Solution Manager also has a simplified method to easily create report documents that gather data from several objects, such as dashboard reports. For more information, see Conga Global Merge for Solution Manager.
* Requires: Conga Composer 8.8 or higher.
Full Manual Control
You can manually build a solution's button URL using Conga Composer. You can add the data, template, and feature parameters to completely customize a solution to perform exactly as you want.
Keep in mind as you manually build your solution:
- Solutions can be buttons or links.
- Add the report or query ID to the button URL.
- Once you have created a solution, you can use the Template Builder to add merge fields to a template.
- Add repeating detail data using Microsoft Word®'s TableGroup and TableStart/TableEnd parameters.
- Use IF statements to hide or show data based on criteria.
- Save the template in Conga's Template Manager for easy access.
- Test the button URL to ensure that it performs as expected.
- Check the performance of the report or query.
- Make any changes prior to publishing the solution to end users.
After you build and customize your solution, you can automate it if necessary, so that the solution runs whenever a Salesforce® Workflow event occurs or on a pre-set schedule.
- To hide output choices from your end users and simplify the process whenever they run a solution, use background mode parameters.
For more information, see Background Mode Parameters.
- To automatically run a solution on a schedule or in batches, use Conga Batch®.
- To integrate your solutions into a workflow, use Conga Trigger®.