Global Merge is a feature included with Conga Composer version 8.7 and newer. Global merge provides a custom object from which to launch Composer solutions that perform record-independent merges (such as org-wide or dashboard reporting). The steps to create a Global Merge solution are listed below.
Master Field To Set (MFTS) does not work with Global Merge Solutions.
Create a new Conga Global Merge Solution
- Click the Conga Solutions tab and click New.
- In the Conga Solution Name field, enter a name for the solution.
- In the Master Object field, select Conga Global Merge (APTXConga4_Composer_QuickMerge_c).
- Click Create Record.
- Click Create Conga Global Merge to move the Button URL from the in Progress area to the Current Button URL area. This action will create a Global Merge record that is linked to the Solution Manager record.
- Create the Salesforce reports or SOQL queries needed for your report.
- Select Add Report Data or Add Query Data.
- Select the Report or Query from the list. IMPORTANT: You must use Queries in the Salesforce Lightning user interface.
- Add an alias.
- Click on Advanced Filter Configuration and set the pv0 value to + (this will ensure the filters you set for your report or query are retained).
- Click Add Report or Query to Solution Record.
- Repeat Steps 7 - 11 for all the reports or queries you want to add to the Global Merge Solution.
- Return to the Solution Record and click Update Conga Global Merge. This will add the reports or queries to your Global Merge solution.
- The next step is to create the Conga template. Access the Template Builder by clicking Launch Composer.
- Click on Tools and Settings and select Template Builder from the drop down.
- The report and query data will be listed in the Template Builder (look for the alias name you used).
- Start creating your template by adding merge fields from the Template Builder. For more information, see this Template Builder article.
- (Optional) To test your template, click Back in the Template Builder interface then select the Local Template tab from the Composer User Interface. Select your template (saved locally on your computer) and click Preview to merge your report and query data into the template.
- When satisfied with your template, upload it to Salesforce by clicking Add Templates from the Global Merge solution record.
- Click Create New Template Record, click New and upload your template. For help, see Add Template to Conga Template Manager.
- Return to the Add Templates screen and refresh the table. Your newly uploaded template will appear. Select it and click Add Template to Solution Record. For more information, see Add a Template Using Solution Manager.
- The final step is to customize your Global Merge solution with the Conga parameters. See Adding Parameters for more information. For a list of parameters available to use, see the Composer Parameter Guide.
- When you are done adding parameters, click Update Conga Global Merge from the Solution record.
- To run the finished solution as an end user, click on the Conga Global Merge Record ID to navigate to the Global Merge record that was created from the Solution record.
- From the Global Merge record click Launch. This will launch the Conga Global Merge solution and generate the output file using the selected template.