- Macros in Excel templates will not be executed upon merging. If the output file type is chosen as Excel, a user can manually execute the macros but Conga will not do so automatically in the merge process. If the output file type is chosen as PDF, the macros in the Excel template will not execute before conversion to PDF.
The use of large exponential equations has inconsistent results. At this time Conga has not been able to isolate a particular “limit” with regard to the size and complexity of the formula that might result in error.
- Some chart types when converting to PDF: We’ve found that some complex chart types revert to more simple versions when converting to PDF.
- Excel does not support nested tables. To leverage nested tables, use a Word template.
- Nested SOQL queries are not functional with Excel. The resulting data from a nested SOQL query is returned as a separate dataset. Pivot tables are an alternative for displaying nested SOQL query data in Excel. Pivot Tables can produce an end result that is similar to nested SOQL functions that are supported in Word. Conga Support does not provide support for advanced Excel formulas such as pivot tables.
- Conga Composer cannot merge data in Excel footers
- A viable workaround is to use repeating headers, although this information is provided as a best effort and is outside the scope of provided support. For more information on using repeating headers in Excel see, Repeat specific rows or columns on every printed page.
We recommend saving your Excel template as .xls (rather than .xlsx) format to ensure the widest compatibility for end users.