You need the Role Admin permission to create a new user role by making a copy of an existing role, and then modifying the permissions. This option is useful if most of the same information for a new role is the same as an existing role.
1. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Roles link in the dropdown menu.
3. In the Role Profile screen, click Copy in the toolbar.
4. When the screen refreshes, enter a name for the new role in the Role Name field.
5. (Optional) Update the description of the role in the Role Description field.
6. (Optional) Change the selection in the Clause Security list to identify the security level for the clauses that this user role is permitted to use.
7. (Optional) Click or clear the Limit Editing User Preferences check box.
Selecting this check box prevents any user holding this role from populating or editing the fields in the Name, Address, and Contact tabs in their User Preferences window. However, users will still be able to access the Email Signature field in their Contact tab.
8. Edit the permission types and/or the company, contract, project groups, additional forms, and document types that the user role can access. For additional information, refer to Steps 6-7 in Adding a User Role.
9. Click Save.