Additional forms are created and designed by users with the Additional Forms Admin permission so that supplemental information can be captured and stored for a company, contract, or project. Additional fields are the fields and lists that users with the Additional Forms Admin permission add to the default Company, Contract, and Project Profile screens to capture standard information for every company, contract, and project.
Whenever an Additional Forms Admin designs an additional form that includes a field list, or adds an additional field list to a Profile screen, the items in that list are managed from the List Administration screen. Therefore, the Additional Forms Admin should also be granted the List Admin permission in their user role(s).
Field lists that have been added to an additional form are stored as categories under the name of the form in the List Administration screen. Since all categories in this screen appear in alphabetical order, a new additional form can be located by scrolling through the list to locate the form name. Additional field lists that have been added to the Company, Contract, or Project Profile screen are stored in the Company Additional Fields, Contract Additional Fields, or Project Additional Fields category in the screen. The Search option in the List Administration screen is useful in locating a field list in a category, but cannot be used to locate a category of lists.
From the List Administration screen, Administrators can also designate a field list as required, as well as add a Quick Tip, which is instructional or informational text that displays when a user hovers over the field).
There are six types of lists used in the Additional Forms and Additional Fields features:
- Combo List - List Admin adds two or more items to the list, and users can select one item.
- Multi-select List - List Admin adds two or more items to the list, and users can select more than one item.
- Linked Combo Field - List Admin sets up a hierarchy of items in this field, which correspond to each selection in a combo list, so that when a user makes a selection in the combo list, the options in the linked combo field are limited to those defined by the List Admin.
- Linked Multi-Select Field - List Admin sets up a hierarchy of items in this field, which correspond to each selection in a combo list, so that when a user makes a selection in the combo list, the options in the linked multi-select field are limited to those defined by the List Admin.
- Tree Field - List Admin creates a hierarchy of items, allowing users to drill down one or more levels and select the most appropriate option.
- Person Field - List Admin defines the functions that program users, company contacts, and external participants will have in Conga Contracts. List Admin can then add a Person Field to an additional form for a Company, Contract, or Project Profile, or an additional field in a Company, Contract, or Project Profile screen. List Admin provides a name for the field and assigns a single user function to the field. Conga Contracts translates the user function into a list of people who hold this function so that when a user populates the field in an additional form or field, they must select one of the people in the list.