A user with the List Admin and Additional Forms Admin permission can add a tree field to an additional form or to an additional field in a Contract, Company, or Project Profile to allow users to capture multi-level information using a single field.
In the steps below, which use the example provided in the Adding a Company Additional Form topic, the Administrator first adds categories to the tree field, and then adds items to each category.
2. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists links.
The screen displays an alphabetical listing of categories. Additional forms are listed alphabetically as categories. Additional fields are listed under the categories: Company Additional Fields, Contract Additional Fields, and Project Additional Fields.
3. In the List Administration screen, locate the tree field by typing its name (or the first few letters of its name) into the Search field, and pressing the ENTER key on your keyboard.
4. Click the tree field in the Fields List section to select it and display any existing items for the field in the right side of the screen.
5. Click the icon at the top of the hierarchy to display a blank field, and enter the name for the tree field.
- Use the same name as the list selected in the Fields List section.
6. Right-click the icon at the top of the hierarchy to display an Add/Delete menu, and select Add to add a category.
7. When a New Item record displays, click in the New Item field to enable it, and enter the name for the category by typing over the existing text.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter a description for the category to provide users with information when they hover over the category.
8. Right-click the icon for the new category to display an Add/Delete menu, and select Add to add an item to the category.
9. When a New Item record displays, click in the New Item field to enable it, and enter the name of list item for the category by typing over the existing text.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter a description for the list item to provide users with information when they hover over the item.
- (Optional) Add additional list items to the category.
10. (Optional) Click to add a second tier of selections to a list item. In the New Item record, click to enable the field, and enter the name of the sub-list item for the list item.
The maximum depth for a list item is three tiers.
11. Repeat steps 6-9 to add additional categories and list items.
12. Click Save.