A user with the List Admin permission can edit a document type group by changing its name or description. A List Admin can also disable/enable the group to change its availability to a document type list item, or permanently delete the group if it is no longer needed.
If you delete a Document Type Group, you not only delete the group, but all the Document Types associated with that group. If you want to keep one or more of the Document Types in a document group that is to be deleted, assign the Document Type to a new Document Type Group before deleting the group.
1. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, enter document in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the Document (2 Items) category.
4. In the Document category, click the Document Type Group list to display the existing groups in right side of the screen.
If the list is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to download a spreadsheet showing the existing list items before adding a new one.
5. Locate the list item you want to edit, and perform any of the following edits:
- Click in the Name field and type over the existing text to change its name.
- Click in the Description field and type over the existing text to edit the information that displays when a user hovers over the list item.
- Add another item selection to the document group list.
6. Locate the list item you want to disable, and click its Disabled check box.
- Clear the check box to display the list item in the Document Types field list.
7. Locate the list item you want to delete, and click its icon.
- Click Yes in the Remove List Item confirmation prompt.