The Clause Profile contains three default field lists that a user with the List Admin permission must populate with selections: Clause Category, Clause Type, and Clause Security. The lists are used when adding a clause to the Clause Library by a user with the Clause Admin permission. Therefore, a user should have both the List Admin and Clause Admin permissions in order to add a clause after providing the item selections for its field lists.
Clause Category is used to identify the language used in the contract, such as business, government, standard, or alternative language. Clause Type refers to the subject of the clause, such as an Assignment, Payment Terms, or Termination clause.
The steps below pertain to the Clause Category and Clause Type lists, which are required fields when adding a clause. Although Clause Security is not a required field in the Clause Profile or in the Role Profile screens, list items should also be added for this field list.
1. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, enter clause in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the Clause Library (3 Items) category.
4. In the Clause Library category, click the Clause Category or Clause Type list to display the existing items in the right side of the screen.
If the list is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to download a spreadsheet showing the existing list items before adding a new one.
5. (Optional) Clear the Alphabetical check box to display list items in the order in which you add them, instead of alphabetical order.
6. Click Add in the toolbar to display a blank New Item record:
- Click in the Name field and enter a name for the clause category or type list item.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter information that will display when a user hovers over the item.
- (Optional) Click the Disabled check box so the list item does not immediately display in the Clause Category or Clause Type list in the Clause Profile.
7. Click Save.
To change the order of an item in the list, clear the Alphabetical check box, click the list item record to select it, and then drag-and-drop it upwards or downwards to a different location in the list. If you are successfully moving a list item, the prompt displays during the move.