The Clause Profile contains three default field lists that a user with the List Admin permission must populate with selections: Clause Security, Clause Category, and Clause Type. All lists are used to add a clause to the Clause Library by a user with the Clause Admin permission, while the Clause Security list is also used to assign security to a user role by a user with the Role Admin permission. The clause security in a user role determines the clauses that are available to users in their Clause Library. Therefore, a user should have the List Admin, Clause Admin, and Role Admin permissions to add a clause after providing the item selections for its field lists and then assign a clause security level to individual user roles.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, enter clause in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the Clause Library (3 Items) category.
4. In the Clause Library category, click the Clause Security list to display the existing items in the right side of the screen.
If the list is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to download a spreadsheet showing the existing list items before adding a new one.
5. Click Add in the toolbar to display a blank New Item record at the bottom of the list:
- Click in the Name field and enter a name for the clause security list item.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter information that will display when a user hovers over the item.
- Use the and reorder icons to change the order in which the list item appears in the list in the Clause Profile or Role Profile screen.
- (Optional) Click the Disabled check box so the list item does not immediately display in the Clause Security list in the Clause Profile or Role Profile screen.
6. Click Save.