A user with the Additional Forms Admin permission can edit an additional field that has been added to the default Contract, Company, or Project Profile screen by changing its name, editing the Quick Tip that displays when the user hovers over the field, and making the field optional/required. The Admin can also re-design the Additional Fields section of the Profile screen by adding/removing headings (Information Panels) and moving fields from one column to another.
If the field is one of the special field lists, the Additional Forms Admin can update the Person Filter (Person Field), edit the Parent Field (Linked Combo Field or Linked Multi-select Field), or change the Default Value (Hyperlink Field). The Admin can also add more fields to the Additional Fields section of the Contract, Company, or Project Profile screen, but they cannot delete any of the existing fields. However, a field can be hidden so that users do not see the field when they add the Profile.
In the steps below, we are editing the additional fields in the Contract Profile screen, but the procedure is the same for the additional fields in a Company Profile and Project Profile.
1. Locate the additional field you want to edit, and click on it to display its Profile Edit screen.
2. In the Additional Profile Edit screen, the following edits can be made:
- Update the Form Name field.
- Click Add Field in the toolbar to add a field.
- Edit a field's properties by clicking on the field to select it. In the Field Properties table:
- Select true in the Required? list to make the field required, or false to make it optional.
- Enter or update the information in the Quick Tip field to assist users in populating the field.
- Rename the field by clicking in the Field Label field and type over the existing text.
The Field Properties table may include the following fields:
- Decimal Precision (present for Currency field) - the number of decimal places can range from 0 to 5.
- Parent Field (present for Linked Combo Field or a Linked Multi-select Field) - a different Combo List can be selected as the parent field for the linked field.
- Person Filter (present for Person Field) - the function of the person named in this field can be changed.
- Default Value (present for Hyperlink Field) - the URL for a website can be updated.
- Move a field by clicking on it to select it. Hover over the field until the icon displays. Click on the icon, and then drag-and-drop the field to the desired location in Column 1 or Column 2.
- Add or remove an Information Panel.
- Hide a field in the form.
3. Click Save.