A user with the Request Admin permission can limit the use of a contract request type so that it is only available as a template when the user who makes the contract request has permissions to the restricted contract and company groups based on their user role(s). The Request Admin can also set restrictions so that only users with a specific role can make a contract request using the template and/or approve a contract request made using the template.
1. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Contract Request Types link in the menu.
3. In the Request Type Bundle Edit screen, click the Restrictions tab.
4. In the Contract Group list, select all the groups that the user who is making the contract request must hold permissions based on their user role(s).
5. In the Company Group list, select all the groups that the user who is making the contract request must hold permissions based on their user role(s).
If no selections are made, the template will be available to any user who makes a contract request.
6. (Optional) Select the Allow Reassignment check box to allow an approver to reassign their responsibility for approving this type of contract request to another program user.
7. (Optional) Select the Assign Requester check box to limit the users who can make a contract request using the template to a specific user role.
- When the check box is selected, the Requestor Role list is enabled. Make a selection in the list.
8. (Optional) Select the Assign Approver check box to limit the users who can approve a contract request that was made using the template to a specific user role.
- When the check box is selected, the Approver Role list is enabled. Make a selection in the list.
If you are allowing users to select the person who approves their contract request, do not select the check box and assign a user role unless you are sure that all of the users identified in the Bundle Approvers list have been assigned to this user role.
9. Click the Bundle Information tab.
10. Click Save.
After adding restrictions to control the availability of the template in making a contract request, you can link the template to an existing additional form to capture supplemental information, add forms to the template for contracts that contain multiple document types, as well as reorder the sequencing of the forms, and write a profile rule to control the display of fields, forms, and additional forms when a user makes a contract request using the template. For contract requests that do not need approval, you can designate the request type template as Self-Service.