A user with the Workflow Admin permission can edit a workflow template by changing its name and description, adding and deleting steps, editing existing steps, and changing the restrictions to control when and how the template is used to create a workflow using the Workflow Wizard.
- Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click Workflow Templates.
- In the Workflow Templates browse screen, locate the template you want to edit, and click on it to select it.
- In the Workflow Template Edit screen, you can edit:
- Template Name and Template Description fields to clarify the use of the template when users run the Workflow Wizard.
- Steps in the template, which include:
- Adding and/or deleting steps.
- Reordering the steps in the template.
- Updating a step type, name, and description.
- Updating the user function(s) required for an Action, Communication, or Simple Gateway step, which changes the role(s) a user must have in order to complete the step.
- Changing the routing table used for a Gateway step, which updates the list of users who must approve the step.
- Updating the prerequisite step(s) for an Action or Communication step.
- Updating the declined/approved steps for a Gateway or Simple Gateway step to identify the steps that must be repeated/performed next.
- Restrictions and properties for the template.
For more information, see Adding a Workflow Template.