You need the List Admin permission to edit an event alert template. A List Admin can edit a template by changing its name, the description of the event, the message sent to whose who will receive notification of the event, and the reminder message that is sent if no action is taken after the first email is sent. A List Admin can also change the dates on which the event alert (email message) and reminder alert are sent.
1. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Event Alert Templates link in the menu.
2. In the Event Alert Templates browse screen, locate the template you want to edit, and click it to select it.
3. In the Event Template screen, click Edit in the toolbar.
4. In the Event Template Edit screen, make any of the following updates:
- (Optional) Copy From list - select a template, or change the template used as the basis for this event alert template.
- Template Name field - change the name of the template by providing a concise and descriptive name that will ensure users select the correct template when creating an event or adding an event alert for a contract's original expiration date.
- Event Description field - update the description of the template.
- Event Notification field - update any actions that need to be taken by the event owner or other recipients of the email message, as well as any additional information about the event.
The information in the Event Description and Event Notification fields displays in the Event Info section of the email message that is sent to the event owner and all the recipients designated by the user who creates the event alert.
- Event Reminder field (works in conjunction with Remind Days field) - change the reminder email message for the event, which will be sent to the event owner and/or other recipients if the event is not completed (or closed) by the Reminder Date.
- Reminder Date = Event Date – Number of Reminder Days (number of days in the Reminder Days field when creating an event).
- Warn Days field - enter or change the number of days prior to the event date that you want Conga Contracts to send an email message to recipients, notifying them of the event.
This date is known as the Notification Date. Notification Date = Event Date - Number of Warn Days (number of days in the Warn Days field when creating an event).
- Remind Days field (works in conjunction with Event Reminder field) - change the number of days prior to the event date that you want a reminder email message sent to recipients.
5. Click Save.