You need the Advanced Reporting permission to group the data in an Advanced Report so that the same information does not display on multiple line items, such as the name of a company with with several contracts. The Group By option avoids repetition and streamlines the report.
The steps below show how to group data by Company Name in an Advanced Report that uses the fields in the Company Profile as the Primary data set.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Reports link in the menu.
An advanced report is displayed under a Report Group: Advanced Report header. Expand/collapse a report group using the and icons.
3. In the Tables section of the report layout screen:
- In the Tables section, click Primary to display the company fields in the Fields section.
- In the Fields section, locate the Company Name field, and right-click on it to display the button.
- Click the button to add a Group By Company Name Header section to the report layout containing the Company Name field.
- In the Detail section of the screen, right-click on the Company Name field to display the button.
- Click the button to remove the field from the report data so the field is not repeated for every line item.
4. Click Save.
5. (Optional) Generate the report.
Remove the grouping option by clicking the icon in the Group By section, and then select Yes in the Delete Group prompt.