You need the BI Tool permission to create a cross-tabulation visual analysis. A cross-tab analysis is one that uses more than two data fields to communicate a trend or analyze the relationship of key company/contract data stored in Conga Contracts. Typically, a cross-tabulation includes a text field and two value fields, but you can use any combination of text, date, and value fields. A cross-tab visual analysis can be created as a chart or table, and during the creation process both the chart and table can be saved to the Visual Gallery for use in creating an Analytics Report or a BI Dashboard.
A cross-tab visual analysis is created showing pending contract events, the frequency of the events, and their due dates. The analysis is first displayed as a chart that is saved to the Visual Gallery, and then saved as a cross-tab table that is also saved to the Gallery, making both a chart and a table available to represent the data.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the BI Toolbox link in the menu.
2. In the Home screen, click , located in the upper left of the screen.
3. In the Discovery screen, select the data sets to be analyzed:
- Select Contract in the first Select Data list to include all contracts.
- Clear the All check box to clear all the fields, and then click the check boxes for only the fields you want available for the analysis, such as Contract Number, Contract Value, Contract Type, Agreement Type, Term Type, Status, Current Expiration Date and Original Expiration Date.
- Select Contract - Event in the second Select Data list to include only contract events.
- Clear the check boxes for the event fields not needed, such as the fields that store the text that displays in the email messages sent for the event.
- Select Contract - Company in the third Select Data list to include company information for the contract events.
- Clear the All check box to clear all the fields, and then click the check boxes for only the fields you want available for the analysis, such as Company Name, Company Number, Company Status, and Company Type.
4. Click .
5. Click to collapse the data portion of the screen.
- Click to redisplay the data fields.
6. (Optional) Hide fields so that it is easier to connect the fields needed for the chart or table. Click the icon, located under the button, and select Show/Hide Columns in the menu. In the Show/Hide Columns window, click on a field to hide it, or click on a hidden (grayed-out) field to show it. Click to close the window.
7. Apply a filter to the Event Date field to display only upcoming events:
- Click the icon in the Event Date field.
- In the Event Date window, click + New Filter.
- In the Event Date prompt:
- Select Greater or equals in the list.
- Click to display a calendar with the current date selected.
- Click Today so that the analysis always displays data in relation to the current date.
- Remove the Hour, Minute, and Second fields to display only the date.
- Click Close to close the calendar.
- Click Apply.
- Click to close the Filters window.
8. Connect two fields to create the visual analysis, taking into account the first field you select will have its information displayed along the Y-axis (vertical) and the second field will have its information displayed along the X-axis (horizontal):
- Click on the Event Date header, and holding down your mouse, drag the cursor to the Contract Number header, and release. A blue arc displays between the fields, indicating they are connected.
- To use only one field in the analysis, click on the field's header, and then drag-and-drop it into the area labeled Drop Columns or Connect them to Build Visualizations.
9. Click to display the Crosstab and Timeline options for a chart or table.
10. Add a third field to create a cross-tab visual analysis:
- Click on the Event Frequency header, and holding down your mouse, drag the cursor to the gray area under the CROSSTAB heading, and release.
You can manage the display of new data in the legend by hiding a category of information. For example, clicking Monthly in the screen shown above will display only events with an Event Frequency of Single.
11. (Optional) Format the display of the labels for the X-Axis and Y-Axis.
12. (Optional) Click Add to Gallery to add the chart to the Visual Gallery where it will be available for use in conjunction with the cross-tab table.
13. (Optional) Click to display other chart types for the visual analysis:
- Click the expand icon for the Tables category.
- Click Crosstab Table to update the visual display.
14. (Optional) Click Add to Gallery to add the table to the Visual Gallery where it will be available for use in conjunction with the cross-tab chart.
15. Click Save.
- When the prompt displays:
- Provide a name for the cross-tab visual analysis in the Name field.
- Click Save.