The BI Analytics Toolbox has a Drill To mode that allows you to reveal additional information for individual data segments in a chart. When you drill to another component of a data segment, the chart refreshes and displays the data for the selected component.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the BI Toolbox link in the menu.
3. In the Discovery screen, ensure the chart section of the screen is displayed.
- Click to collapse the data section of the screen.
4. Click to display the EXPLORER, and then click to enable drill mode.
5. (Optional) Hover over a data segment of the chart to display a pop-up with information to ensure you are drilling into the correct segment.
If the data segment needs to be enlarged, click to redisplay the EXPLORER, and then click to enable zoom mode. Hover over the segment until the icon displays. Click the icon and drag it upwards or downwards to shade the desired segment, and then release your mouse. Click to return to drill mode.
6. Click on a data segment, such as a bar in the chart, to display a Drill-to prompt.
7. Click a field in the list to redisplay the chart using the data for the selected field.
- Click the expand arrow for a date field and select Years, Quarters, Months, Weeks, or Days to display the data in the desired timeframe.
The original field used into display the chart displays as a link under its title, and the drill to field is also listed. To return to the default view of the chart, click the link for the original field.
8. (Optional) Drill down a second level:
- Click on a data section of the chart.
- In the Drill-to prompt:
- Enter the first few letters of a field name in the Filter by name field.
- Click a field in the filtered list.
9. Click Save.