The data in the Table section of a BI Analysis can be exported to the following file formats so that you can review, edit, and print the information:
- Excel - data is exported into an .xlsx or .xls spreadsheet as raw data. The file can be viewed in Excel or saved to your computer.
- CSV (Comma Separated Value) file - data is exported into a .csv file as raw data. The file can be viewed in Notepad (or other text editor) and Excel, or saved to your computer.
- PDF (Portable Document Format) file - an image of the table is exported into a temporary .pdf file that can be viewed in your browser using the Adobe Acrobat plug-in, a similar plug-in, or native browser technology. The browser usually allows you to save the export as a file or print it.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the BI Toolbox link in the menu.
3. In the Analysis screen, click the icon in the Table section of the screen, and select Excel, CSV, or PDF.
4. Download, open, or save the file using the browser's options:
The instructions below pertain to the Google Chrome browser. The procedure will differ if you are using IE, Firefox, or another browser.
- For Excel and CSV files, click on the file name that displays in the browser window.
- For a PDF file, use the download icon.