You can create and edit an event alert for the original expiration date of a contract. The components of the event alert include the date the event alert is sent out, the event owner (person responsible for renewing the contract), the people notified about the contract's expiration date, and the number of days after the first event alert that a reminder email is sent.
1. Display the Original Exp. Date window:
- Open the Contract Profile.
- Click Edit Contract in the toolbar.
- Click in the Original Exp Date field.
2. Click the Create Event check box.
3. Click in the Event Owner list, and select the user responsible for renewing the contract.
4. Click in the Notification List field to display the Address Book, and select the users, company contacts, external people, or distribution list that needs to be notified about the contract's expiration date.
- Enter the first few letters of the person's first or last name, or the distribution list name in the Search field, and click .
- Click on a name or distribution list to select it, adding it to the Addresses list box. Click to clear the filter.
- Click Submit.
5. (Optional) Select a template in the Template list to automatically populate several of the fields.
A template will populate the Warn Days, Description, Notification Text, Remind Days, and Reminder Text fields with the information provided by the Administrator who created the template. Select the Use Reminder check box, and then click OK to create the event alert.
6. Populate the required fields if no selection is made in the Template list:
- Warn Days - enter the number of days prior to the event date that the email alert is sent.
- Description - enter the text you want displayed in the subject line of the email alert.
- Notification Text - enter the text you want in the body of the email alert.
7. (Optional) Click the Use Reminder check box to send a follow-up email if the event is not completed.
- Remind Days - enter the number of days after the Notification Date (Event Date – Number of Warn Days) that the reminder email alert is sent if the event has not been completed.
- Reminder Text - enter the text you want displayed in the body of the reminder email alert that is sent if the expiration date event has not been completed by the warning date.
- (Optional) Click in the Reminder List field to display the Address Book, and select the users, company contacts, external people, or distribution list that needs to be reminded if the event for the contract's expiration date has not been completed.
- Make no selections to send the reminder to the same individuals in the Notification List field.
8. Click OK to close the Original Exp Date window.
9. Click Save in the toolbar of the Contract Profile screen.