A MS Word document can be updated using clauses from the Clause Library without running Conga Contracts. A user with the Word Add-In Access permission, who has installed the plug-in, can use the Document Assembly feature to update a document in Word by dragging-and-dropping clauses directly from the Clause Library into the document.
1. Open the MS Word document that needs to be updated with clauses from the Clause Library.
2. In the Word Plugin section of the screen, enter your Conga Contracts login name and password, and click Login.
If the Plugin section of the screen is not displayed, click Word Plugin in the toolbar, and then click Hide/Show Clause Panel in the second toolbar.
3. When the Plugin section of the screen refreshes, click Allow.
4. When the Plugin section of the screen refreshes a second time, search for the clause you want to add to the document:
- Enter a name, keyword, phrase, value, or text string in the Search field.
The search criteria can appear in the name or body of the clause, as well as in any of the program fields used to capture the clause, including the Description, Type, Category, and Security fields. The clause search is not case-sensitive, and quotes and the Pipe ( | )symbol can be used to return specific results.
- Press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
5. When the matches for your clause display, locate the clause you want to add to your document.
6. In the Word document, position your cursor in the location you want to insert the clause.
7. In the Conga Word Plugin section of the screen, click on the clause, drag it into the Word document, and drop it onto the cursor.
8. Click the Conga Contracts Word Plugin tab to display the action buttons for the plugin.
- Hide/Show Clause Panel - toggles the display of the Word Plugin section of the screen.
- Settings - updates the settings (URL) for the Clause Library.
- Logout - logs you out of Conga Contracts.
9. Click to save your Word document.