Payment Forecasting is an additional calculates future amounts due/received for a contract, including any percentage increase (or decrease) to the payment amount. The feature is available for every payment stream stored in the Contract Profile.
The steps and screen shot below show how a create a 5-year payment forecast for an annual payment of $1,550 that will increase 2% every year over the next five years, commencing on January 1, 2018.
1. Open the Contract Profile with the payment stream that needs to be forecast.
2. Click the Payments link in the Links section of the screen.
3. In the Payments screen, locate the payment stream, and click its icon.
4. When the screen refreshes, click in the following fields:
- Start Date, and enter 01/01/2018 as the beginning date for the forecast.
- Click to use the calendar to select the date.
- No. of Payments, and enter 5 since it is a 5-year projection and payments are made once a year.
- Frequency, and select Annual in the list since payments are made annually.
- Amount, and enter 1550 since this is the beginning amount of the payment on the start date.
- Increment Interval, and select Annual in the list since the yearly payment is going to be increased every year.
- Incremental Percentage, and enter .02 since the yearly increase is 2%.
- Enter a negative value to calculate a decrease, such as -.02.
- Click Generate Rows in the top toolbar.
The Incremental Interval and Incremental Percentage fields do not have to be populated to generate a forecast.
5. Review the records in the payment forecast, which include the amount of the payment for each year, along with a total for the 5-year projection.
To re-run the forecast with different information, click Remove All, update the information in any of the fields in Step 4, and click Generate Rows.
6. Click Save Payment Forecast to save the forecast, or click Cancel to exit the forecast without saving it.