If you have the Clause Admin permission, you can add a contract clause and also control its availability to other users using the security option. The clauses that a user can access depends on the security level of the clause and the Clause Security defined in their user role(s). For example, if a user is assigned a user role with a medium Clause Security level, they can access the clauses with a medium security level, as well as clauses with a lower security level. However the user would not be able to access clauses with a high security level.
1. Click My Place in the Navigation Toolbar to display the menu, and then click the Clauses link.
2. In the Clause Browse screen, click New Clause in the toolbar.
3. In the Clause Profile Edit screen:
- Enter a descriptive name for the clause in the Clause Name field.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the clause in the Clause Description field.
- Make a selection in the Clause Type list to identify the type of clause you are adding.
- Make a selection in the Clause Category list to classify the clause.
- (Optional) Make a selection in the Clause Security list to assign a level of security to the clause.
Clause security levels are linked to user roles. If you want all users to view the clause, select the lowest security level or do not make a selection in this list. If you want only power users and Administrators to view this clause, select a high security level.
- Paste the text for the clause into the Clause Text field, or type the information directly into the field.
- (Optional) Use the formatting options to bold, italicize, and underline clause text, as well as add bullets and numbering. The and icons are used to undo and redo changes to the text.
- Click Save.