Documents in Word format that are uploaded and stored in a Contract, Company, or Project Profile can be opened and edited in Conga Contracts and then saved back to Conga Contracts as the next document revision using the Direct Editing feature. Direct Editing is an efficient alternative to uploading a document revision every time a minor change is made to a document, and ensures users always have access to the most recent document since revisions are automatically numbered and clearly labeled.
To ensure the proper functioning of Direct Editing, use one of the supported web browsers, operating systems, and applications.
Although the Contract Profile is used in the screen shots below, the same steps also apply to using the Direct Editing feature in a Company Profile and Project Profile.
2. In the Document Profile screen, click Open in Word in the toolbar.
3. Follow the onscreen prompts, which differ based on the browser you are using.
4. When the document opens in Word, edit the document, and save it.
5. In the prompt that signals Conga Contracts that you are finished editing the document, click OK.
6. Verify your edits were saved and the document was stored as the next revision by:
- Checking the number displayed in the File Revision field in the Document Profile or in the Revision column in the Revisions section.
- Previewing the document.
Supported Browsers, Operating Systems, and Applications for Direct Editing
The most recent versions of the Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, or the Internet Explorer (IE) 10+ browser should be used with Direct Editing. IE 9 and earlier versions were not tested with Direct Editing, and therefore, might not be supported.
The supported operating systems are:
- Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Education, and Enterprise editions) with support through 10/13/2020
- Version 8.1 (expires 1/10/2023)
- Version 7 SP2 (expires 1/14/2020)
- Mac OS X v10.12.6
- Oldest supported version is Mac OS X v10.11.6 (expires July 18, 2018).
Other v10.12 releases of Mac OS X may not work correctly with Direct Editing.
The supported applications are:
- All MS Office versions
- Oldest supported MS Office for Windows version is MS Office 2010 SP2 (expires 10/13/2020).
- Windows and Mac OS X versions of MS Office (both 64-bit and 32-bit editions) that have an active extended support period.
- Oldest supported MS Office for Mac version is MS Office for Mac 2011 SP3 (expires 10/10/2017).