You can create an event for a contract or company to ensure users, company contacts, external parties, or an email distribution list are notified about the upcoming event. The information for the event is stored in the Contract or Company Profile for reference and in case updates need to be made. On the notification date, Conga Contracts sends out an event alert, or email message that notifies the selected recipients about the event. The event alert may include a document attachment from the Company or Contract Profile, or a global document. From the event alert, you can link directly to the event's Contract and/or Company Profile.
A special type of event is created for a contract's Original Expiration Date by clicking in the Original Exp Date field in the Term and Renewal section of a Contract Profile when the Profile is in edit mode.
Although the Contract Profile is used in the screen shot below, the same steps apply to creating an event in a Company Profile.
2. In the Links section of the screen, click the Events link.
3. In the Events screen, click New Event in the toolbar.
4. In the Contract or Company Event screen, populate the fields for the event alert:
- Event Name - provide a concise but descriptive name for the event.
- (Optional) Event Template - make a selection in the list if a template name matches the purpose of your event. Selecting a template automatically populates the Event Description, Warn Days, and Notification Message fields.
- Event Description - enter the text you want displayed in the body of the email message to advise recipients of the purpose of the event (if the field is not auto-populated by an event template).
- (Optional) Event Owner - select another user to assign someone else the responsibility of completing the event.
- Event Date - enter the date, or click to use the calendar.
- Warn Days - enter a number equal to the number of days prior to the event date that you want Conga Contracts to send an email alert for the event (if the field is not auto-populated by an event template).
- Enter a number greater than 1 since email messages for events are sent from Conga Contracts daily, and not immediately.
- Event Frequency - make a selection in the list to identify the frequency of event alerts:
- Single - generates one event alert.
- Monthly or Yearly - generates a series of event alerts and displays a Frequency field.
- Enter a value in the Frequency field to indicate how often the event alert should be repeated, which will auto-populate the Event Repeat field. For example, selecting Yearly in the Event Frequency list and entering 6 in the Frequency field will cause Conga Contracts to send an event alert (email message) twice a year, and auto-populate the Event Repeat field with Event will repeat every 6 months.
- (Optional) End Date - enter the date on which you want event alerts to stop for this event, or click to use the calendar.
- Notification Date - field is auto-populated when you populate the Event Date and Warn Days fields (Notification Date = Event Date - Number of Warn Days).
- To - select the recipients for the event alert using one of the following options:
- Notification Message - enter the text you want displayed in the body of the email message to advise recipients of the action(s) to be taken for the event (if the field is not auto-populated by an event template).
5. (Optional) Set a reminder event alert for the event by selecting the Set Reminder check box and populating the fields that display:
If an event template is used, the Reminder Days and Reminder Message field may be populated.
- Reminder Days - enter the number of days after the Notification Date (Event Date – Number of Warn Days) that the reminder email alert is sent if the event has not been completed.
- Reminder Date - field is auto-populated based on the number of days entered in the Reminder Days and Event Date fields (Reminder Date = Event Date - Number of Reminder Days).
- Reminder List - select the recipients for the reminder alert using one of the following options:
- Reminder Message - enter the text you want displayed in the body of the email message to remind recipients about the event.
6. (Optional) Attach a document to the event alert (email message):
- In the Available Documents section, locate the document in the default view (Contract Documents).
- Click the Company Documents or Global Documents tab if the document is not listed in the default view.
- Click a document's icon to add it to the Attached Documents section.
- Remove a document as an attachment by selecting its icon in the Attached Documents section.