You can reply to a message from a Company, Contract, or Project Profile using the Messaging link, or from an email service such as Outlook, Gmail, or Yahoo since Conga Contracts not only stores a copy of the original message in the Messaging window, but also sends a copy to the email address that you use to log into Conga Contracts. You can also reply to a message from the Recent Messages Portlet in your Dashboard by clicking the message record, which will link you to the Messaging window in the corresponding Company, Contract, or Project Profile.
Replying to a Message from an Email Service
1. Open the email and read the message, which appears under the Conga Contracts header box.
2. Use the Reply or Reply To All option in your email service to respond to the message.
Based on the protocols of the email service you use and whether or not the Automatically CC Email Sender system setting is enabled in Conga Contracts, the Reply To All option will populate the To and CC fields differently and the same email address may appear in both fields, causing duplicate emails to be generated.
3. (Optional) Click the Go To Message link in the email message to view your reply in the Contract, Company, or Project Profile.
Replying to a Message from the Recent Messages Portlet
1. From the Recent Messages portlet, locate the message by scrolling through the list.
3. In the Messaging window, click Reply or Reply All in the toolbar.
The Reply button auto-populates the Message To field with the email address of the sender and the Message Cc field with your email address if your Administrator has enabled the Automatically CC Email Sender system setting. The Reply All button auto-populates the Message To field with the email address of the sender and any recipient that appeared in the Message To field of the original message. The Message Cc field is populated with your email address and the email address of any recipient that was copied on the original message. If your Administrator has enabled the Automatically CC Email Sender system setting, the sender of the original message also appears in the Message Cc field.
4. (Optional) Add additional recipients to the Message To and/or Message Cc fields using one of the following options:
- Click to use the Address Book to select recipients and/or an email distribution list.
- Begin typing an email address into the field to display a drop-down list of possible matches, and click an address to select it.
5. Enter your message in the Content text box, above the Original Message divider.
- Use the Copy & Paste functions to quickly populate the field with text from another program or application.
6. (Optional) Use the Formatting toolbar to enhance the text in your message.
7. (Optional) Click Attach Document in the toolbar to attach a document to the message:
- In the Attach Document window, click on a document record to select it.
- Hold down the CTRL key to select more than one document.
- Click the Company Documents or Global Documents tab if the document is not listed in the default view. The tabs will differ for a Company Profile and Project Profile.
- Click Attach Selected Document to attach the document and redisplay the Messaging window.
8. Click Send.
Replying to a Message from a Profile
2. In the Links section of the Profile, click the Messaging link.
3. In the Messaging window, locate the message, and click on it to select it.
4. Follow Steps 3-8 in Replying to a Message from the Recent Messages Portlet.