The user who is assigned to a workflow step is the step owner and is responsible for completing the step. The user who created the workflow can complete any of the steps as the workflow owner.
There are three types of steps in a workflow: (1) Action step, which requires the step owner to complete a task or take some type of action, and then complete the step in Conga Contracts or from an email sent from Conga Contracts so that the workflow can proceed to the next step. (2) Communication step, which allows the step owner to send an email message from Conga Contracts to the appropriate parties, notifying them about an action or task associated with the step. The step must also be completed in Conga Contracts. (3) Approval step, which requires the step owner to approve the action or situation described in the step, or decline approval, which will redirect or halt the workflow. An approval step must be completed in Conga Contracts, or from an email message sent from Conga Contracts. An approval step may require the approval of one user, or two or more users.
If more than one person is assigned to an approval step, but only one person's approval is needed to complete the step, Conga Contracts sends an email to the other approvers, advising them that the step has already been completed.
Once all the steps in a workflow are completed, Conga Contracts moves the workflow from the Active Workflows view to the Completed Workflows view in the Workflows section of the Workflow Profile screen.
In the email message sent from Conga Contracts Workflow:
1. (Optional) Review additional information before completing the step using the Go To Workflow, Go To Contract, and/or Go To Company links.
2. Click the link.
3. When the reply email message displays with Complete Workflow Step as the subject, and Completed in the body of the email message, click Send.
- (Optional) Add notes on completing the step to the body of the email message by positioning your cursor under the word "Completed" and entering your text. Do not remove the word "Completed" from the message or the email will not be sent successfully, and the step will not be completed.
Active Workflow Items Portlet
From the Active Workflow Items portlet in your Dashboard:
1. Click the My Steps or My Workflow Steps tab, and locate the step you want to complete.
2. (Optional) Review additional information for the workflow by clicking on the step record to access the Workflow Profile.
3. Click the step's icon.
4. In the Item Complete prompt, enter your notes on completing the step, and click Submit.
Workflow Profile or Workflows Screen
2. In the Contract or Company Profile, click Workflows in the toolbar.
- In the Project Profile, click the Workflows link.
3. In the Workflows section of the contract or company Workflow Profile screen, locate the workflow containing the step you want to complete, and click on it to refresh the screen and display all steps in the workflow.
- In the Project Profile, click on the workflow in the Workflows screen.
4. Locate the step you want to complete, and click its icon to verify it is an action step.
- If a Send Message button is present, it is a communication step, and you have the option of sending a message for the step before completing it.
- If the and icons are present, it is an approval step, which is completed by approving or declining the step.
5. Click the step's icon.
6. In the Item Complete prompt, enter your notes on completing the step, and click Submit.