If a workflow step is not completed in a timely manner, you can generate a reminder email, notifying the step owner that the step is still awaiting their completion. This option is typically exercised by the owner of the workflow, or one of the other workflow team members.
A reminder email message for a workflow step can be sent from two locations: Active Workflow Items portlet and Workflow Profile (Workflows) screen.
From the Active Workflow Items portlet in your Dashboard:
1. Click the My Team Workflows or My Workflows tab, and locate the step whose owner needs a reminder email.
2. (Optional) Review additional information for the workflow by clicking on the step record to access the Workflow Profile.
3. Click the step's icon.
4. In the Resent Email prompt, click OK.
2. In the Contract or Company Profile, click Workflows in the toolbar.
- In the Project Profile, click the Workflows link.
3. In the Workflows section of the contract or company Workflow Profile screen, locate the workflow with the step that needs a reminder email, and click on it to refresh the screen and display all steps in the workflow.
- In the Project Profile, click on the workflow in the Workflows screen.
4. Locate the step that needs a reminder email sent to the step owner, and click its icon.
5. In the Resent Email prompt, click OK.