Create a Master Page Layout (template) with the following fields (Contact, Account, Due Date, and Subject) and any other fields you desire. After creating a master Page Layout, you can copy (Save As or clone) it every time you need to create a new page layout and eliminate the need to start from scratch.
- In Setup, navigate to the custom object for which the master page layout is needed.
- Select the Page Layouts link or scroll down to that frame.
- Select the New button.
- Leave the Existing Page Layout as None.
- Enter *Master Page Layout in the Page Layout Name field and select the Save button.
- Drag and drop the Fields, Buttons, and Related Lists to the location you desire and select the Save button.
- Add Contact, Account, Due Date, Subject as well as any other fields you want future page layouts to have as default
- Add the Open Activities, Activity History, and Notes & Attachments related lists
- Add the Process Visual and Process Details buttons
Note: The asterisk (*) enables this Page Layout Name to always appear at the top of the list.