By default, Conga Orchestrate uses the Related To’(WhatId) field on a Task by default. The field relates the Task to a Business Process or other process object. Alternatively, Conga Orchestrate can use a custom lookup field instead. Use this functionality if you want to relate Conga Orchestrate-generated Tasks to another standard or custom object using the ‘Related To’ field.
Salesforce allows custom lookup fields on activities so you can relate Conga Orchestrate-generated Tasks to Accounts or any other standard or custom object via the Related To field, Contacts (via the ‘Name’ field), and the process object through a new lookup field you create using the setup instructions below).
If you use multiple process objects, you must repeat steps 1-9 for every process object you use.
To custom lookup fields on activities so you can relate Conga Orchestrate-generated Tasks to Accounts or any other standard or custom object via the Related To field:
- In Setup, use the Quick Find and type Activity Custom Fields.
- Select the New button.
- Select Lookup Relationship.
- Select the Process Object (Business Process, Case, Lead, etc).
- Enter the Label and Name for the lookup field.
The Field Name and Object API Name for use in the next step. If using a Business Process object lookup, set this field’s API Name differently from the Business Process object’s API name. For example, use ‘BP’ for the API name (something other than ‘business_process’). The Label can be anything you’d like.
- Navigate to the Conga Orchestrate Setup tab.
- Click Custom Activity Lookup on the left.
- Click the Task Steps: Custom Process Object Lookup field and select the new lookup fields.
- OPTIONAL: Once a custom lookup field is specified, Conga Orchestrate will populate the Task’s ‘Related To’ field with the Process Object’s Related Account. To specify a different field to pass through from the process object, specify that field’s API Name in the Task Steps: Related To Passthrough Field.
- Click Save at the top of the Custom Activity Lookup page.
- Navigate to Salesforce Setup and remove the Open Activities and Activity History related lists from the Process Object’s page layouts.
- Add the new Activities related list to the Process Object’s page layouts.