In general, a new Step starts when the Step before it completes. It often makes sense to create additional conditions to determine when a Step should create. For this, use Step Creation Conditions. These are criteria that must equal True in order for the Step to create.
- Navigate to the Step in which you want to add the condition.
- Select the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Step Creation Conditions section.
- Select the + Add Creation Condition link.
- Configure the fields.
- Object Select- Select the specified process object defined on the definition or the immediate parent to this step. This list is dynamically populated based on the process object and parent step.
- Field Select - Select the field to which this step should be dependent. This list is dynamically populated based on the Object Name chosen.
- Operator - Select how the Field Name compares to the Field Value field.
- Field Value - Enter the Field Value or select the Field Value from the drop-down list box depending on the Field Name you select.
- Data Type - Displays the data type of the selected Field Name. This field auto-populates. Note: Auto number, date, datetime, geolocation, and time fields are not supported.
- Select the + Add Row link to add more criteria, if needed.
- Scroll up and select the Save button.
Watch this video for more information: