Release 7.1 Pre-Launch Date of November 5, 2016
ASP Release Date of December 3, 2016
Release Notes provide an overview of the new features, enhancements, and repairs included in the V7.1 Release.
New Features and Enhancements
EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LISTS AND ANALYTICS
- CON-1348 – Email Distribution Lists. Administrators can now grant individual users the permission to create and manage email distribution lists. Distribution lists are stored in the Address Book and available for use with most program features that use the Address Book, including the Messaging feature in Company and Contract Profiles, Scheduled Reports, Events, Scorecards, Workflows, Tasks, and Document Packages.
- CON-3511, CON-7512, and CON-7581 – Analytics (BETA). A new Analytics Report type has been added to the Reports feature, which allows users to create reports for data stored in Company, Contract, and Project Profiles, as well as data captured for Clauses and Contract Requests. Analytics reports can be designed to not only display information at the field level, but also analyze the information in the report fields. Analyzed data is incorporated into the report and can also be represented graphically in charts that become part of the report. For example, you can create an Analytics Report showing the start time and end time for a specific step in a contract flow, and then add a calculation that determines the different completion times for the step. You can also visually display the different completion times in a color-coded chart that is inserted into the report.
SYSTEM & ADMIN
- CON-721 and CON-6524 – Ability to Copy a Contract Request Type. Administrators can now make a copy of a contract request type template when a new template requires the same (or similar) request forms, fields, approvers, and restrictions as an existing template.
- CON-2745 – User-Defined Sort Order for Field Lists in List Administration Screen. Administrators can now disable the default alphabetical sort order for some of the lists that are used in program screens. When the option is disabled in the List Administration screen, Administrators can drag and drop any list item to the desired location in the list. This option is available only for the [Contract] Additional Party Type, [Contract] Address Type, Contract Location, Company Category, Company Type, Clause Category, and Clause Type field lists.
- CON-5273 – Created By Column Added to Users Browse Screen. In the Users browse screen, a new Created By column allows Administrators to identify the User Profiles that were added by a particular Administrator. A report can also be generated using the new column to provide an overview of the users added to the program and the Admins who added them.
- CON-6580 – Profile Rules Can Hide Additional Fields in Company/Contract/Project Profiles. When Administrators write a Profile Rule designed to hide an additional field that has been added to a Company, Contract, or Project Profile screen, the field is no longer simply grayed-out (disabled) in the Profile screen, it is not visible.
- CON-6833 – User Status Updates Added to Nightly Batch Process. When an Administrator changes a user’s status from active to disabled, their status in all areas of Contracts is automatically updated when the nightly batch process is run. Previously, the user’s status was not updated until they tried to unsuccessfully log into the program.
- CON-6877 – User-Defined Text for Approve and Decline Options in Flow Approval Step. Administrators can now configure an approval step in a flow template to rename the Approve/Decline options to more relevant options for the step, such as True/False or Yes/No.
- CON-7426 – Flow Template Admin Permission Added to User Roles. Administrators can now assign the new Flow Admin Template permission to only those who users who have the skill and knowledge needed to create and modify the templates used in the flows that are run on Contract, Company, and Project Profiles. The Flow Admin permission is now limited to overriding a step in a flow, invalidating a flow, and running a flow on a legacy Contract Profile. Formerly, the Flow Admin role covered all the aforementioned permissions.
- CON-7715 – Safeguard Against Simultaneous Editing. A new setting has been added to the System Settings screen to prevent users from simultaneously editing the same Company, Contract, or Project Profile since only one person’s edits will be captured. Administrators can now select the Enable Concurrent Profile Edit Locks check box to lock a profile that is being edited and display a prompt that states "Profile is being edited by another user. Try again later."
- CON-6326 – Acceptance Email for Contract Request Includes Contract Number. When a user makes a contract request and the request is subsequently approved, the acceptance email message that is sent to the user now contains the contract number that has been assigned to the newly-created Contract Profile.
- CON-6344 – Contract Number Added to My Requests Browse Screen. A Contract Number column has been added to the My Requests browse screen to differentiate requests when more than one contract request is made for the same company.
- CON-8136 – Ability to Copy Contract Requests. Users can now make a copy of an existing contract request instead of creating a new one, and then edit the variable information, such as company name, before submitting it for approval. A contract request is copied from the user’s My Requests screen by clicking on the Copy icon.
- CON-6584 – Ability to Edit Document Type from Documents Browse Screen. Users can now quickly change a document’s type from the Documents browse screen using the new Document Type drop-down list. Previously, users had to display the Documents browse screen, locate and display the document’s Document Profile, update the Document Type field, and then save the change.
- CON-6698 – User-Friendly Error Message for Simultaneous Direct Editing. The error message that displays when a user tries to perform direct editing on a MS Word document stored in a Contract Profile, when another user is in the process of directly editing the document, has been updated. The error message now displays as Document is locked, instead of Resource bundle not found.
- CON-6770 - eSignature Wizard Mimics DocuSign Functionality for Advanced Signer Actions. If an advanced action is granted to a signer or recipient during the eSignature process in DocuSign, allowing them to designate signatories or manage the envelope after it is initially sent, Contracts now validates all of these signer actions in the Document Selection section of the eSignature Package Wizard. The three validated signer actions are (1) Address Recipient, which allows the recipient to edit the information for subsequent recipients (2) Manage Envelope, which grants the recipient the same management and access rights as the person who originally sent the envelope, and (3) Manage Recipients, which allows the recipient to add name and email information for recipients at the same or subsequent levels in the routing order.
- CON-7733 – Resend Button Added to eSignature Process for DocuSign Native. If a signatory needs to provide their electronic signature and the status of the "envelope" is Pending, a Resend button has been added to the envelope so that the signatory can resend a copy of the original email message to himself/herself. The email message contains all the needed links to sign the document electronically and is a safeguard in the event the original email message cannot be located.
SEARCH & REPORT
- CON-3752 – Drag and Drop Option Added to Report Wizard. Users can now drag-and-drop fields in Step 3 of the Report Wizard if they want to change the order in which the selected fields display in their report.
- CON-7991 – Ability to Run Reports on Contract Clauses. The Report Wizard now allows users to run a report on the contract clauses stored in their Clause Library. In the wizard, users would select Contract as the primary sort and Clauses as the secondary sort to generate a report that contains the clause text, type, and revision number, as well as whether or not the clause reflects the standard contract language and whether or not it is the latest version.
- Con-7992 – Ability to Search for Contract Clauses. Users can now run a Search Query to locate the contract clauses stored in their Clause Library by the clause name, type, category, description, security level, and revision number. A search can also be run to identify clauses that contain specific text.
- CON-5321 – Flow Notes Available to All Users and are Cumulative. The ability to view and add notes for a flow step is now available to all users. In addition, all the notes entered for a step are captured and display in a cumulative list when the button is selected.
- CON-5864 – Duration of Flow Steps Based on Business Week Calendar. The amount of time it takes for a flow step to be completed is now expressed relative to a business week of 5 days, instead of a standard week of 7 days. Therefore, if a flow step is available for completion on Monday, November 7 and it is completed on Monday, November 14, the duration will now shows as 6 days instead of 8 days.
- CON-6116 – System Flow Steps Removed from Contract Profile Screen. Flow steps that are completed by the system, such as the Query Matching and Query Binary Branch steps, are no longer listed under the Stage headings that display at the top of the Contract Profile screen. Currently, only the steps completed by users will be listed. However, system steps are still listed in the Flow Activities window.
- CON-6757 – Flow Step Notes Added to Email Messages. The email message that are sent to the users who can complete a flow step now include any notes added by the user who completed the previous flow step.
- CON-7097 – Icon Updated for Declined Flow Approval Step. When a user declines an Approval step in a flow, the icon now displays instead of the icon in the Contract Profile.
- CON-7108 – Invalidated Flow Column Added to Flows View in Workflows Browse Screen. Users can now view all of the flows that have been invalidated for a Contract Profile from its Workflows browse screen. To access the browse screen, click on the Workflows button in the Action Bar of a Contract Profile to launch the Workflows browse screen, which displays inside the Workflow Profile. Click on the Flows tab to display the pending and completed flows for the Contract Profile.
- CON-7315 – Information on Flow Step Outcome Added to Flow Activities Window in Contract Profile. An Outcome column has been added to the Flow Activities Window, indicating the action that was taken for each step in a flow, such as Completed, Skipped, Approved, or Declined. The window is accessed by clicking on the icon in the Profile and selecting the Show Activity Grid option.
- CON-7316 – Assignee Column Added to Flow Activities Window in Contract Profile. The Flow Activities window, which shows summary information for the completed and pending steps in a flow, now has an Assignee column, which shows whether the flow step was assigned to a specific user, any user, a user responsibility, or a user function.
- CON-7317 – Flows Step Completed Via Email Reflects User’s Name in Flow Activities Window. When a user completes a flow step from an email message, such as approving a step by selecting the Approve button in the email message, the name of the user now appears in the Flow Activities window in the Contract Profile. Previously, the Flow Activities window listed the user who completed the step as System, Account.
- CON-7343 – Contract Flow Steps Containing Workflows Support Multiple Flow Runs. A contract flow step that contains a workflow can be run multiple times without any issues. Previously, when a flow containing a workflow was run more than once on a Contract Profile, the workflow automatically completed without the required user input.
- CON-7424 – Email Notifications Increased from 20 to 100 for Flow Step. When a flow step is assigned to a user function, Contracts now sends out 100 email notifications to those users who hold the function, notifying them that the step is awaiting completion. This high-volume notification ensures that the step will be completed by a qualified user. Previously, Contracts sent email notifications to the top 20 users holding the requisite function by sorting users alphabetically, in ascending order.
- CON-7777 – Email for Reassignment of Contract Flow Step. When a user who has been assigned the task of completing a flow step reassigns the step to another user by updating the Responsibility field in the flow’s Contract Profile, Contracts now sends out an email to the new flow step owner, notifying them that they are responsible for completing the step.
- CON-1015 – Quick Tips Added to Supplier Registration Fields in Portal. When a supplier is completing a registration form in the Portal, each form field now displays a quick tip when the supplier hovers over it, providing assistance and ensuring the fields are populated correctly.
- CON-7591 – Enhanced Search Engine and Help Topics in Salesforce. Salesforce users can now search for contract types, minimum opportunity probabilities, and the document options that have been added to Salesforce by Administrators. The help system has been updated to include clarification for these three topics.
- SC-101 – Updated Salesforce Integration Mappings. API names are now used for mapping Salesforce fields to fields instead of labels. Previously, Salesforce integration field mappings used a combination of object label and field API name, which could cause the mappings to break since Salesforce labels do not have to be unique and duplicate mapping is not allowed.
- SC-130 – Additional Information for Contracts/Salesforce Integration. The Integration Settings screen in Contracts now contains four additional fields: Creation Date, Created By, Last Modified Date, and Modified By.
- Con-7921 – Renewal Interval Field Cannot be Required in Profile Rule for Contract Request Type Template. Administrators can now set a Profile Rule for a Contract Request Type template that contains a Renewal Interval field by making the field required. Previously, the Renewal Interval field was not available in the Action list when the Action Type was set to Require Field in the Profile Rule.
- CON-8019 – Cancelling a Copied Project Creates a Project without a Name. When a user selects the Copy Project button in a Project Profile and then cancels the process, the profile is no longer copied without a project name.
- CON-8026 – Advanced Edit of Tree Field Displays Value List for Null Operands. Administrators are no longer presented with a drop-down list when selecting Null or Is Not Null as the operand for a tree field when performing an advanced edit since these two operands do not require a value selection.
- CON-8030 – Action of Making a Field Required in Profile Rule Generates Error. Administrators no longer receive an error when trying to write a Profile Rule that requires any available field in a Contract Profile to be required.
- CON-8043 – Running Consecutive Basic Searches Displays Error. Users no longer receive an error message when they run a basic search for a keyword or phrase, and then immediately run a second search for a different keyword or phrase.
- CON-8066 – Latest Document Revision Displays When Previous Revision Selected. When users upload a document to a Contract Profile, and then upload more than one revision to the document, the correct document once again displays when they open the Document Profile for an earlier version of the document, and then click the Open in Word button to perform direct editing. Previously, the latest version of the document displayed under the name of the previous version when the previous version was selected for direct editing.
- CON-8086 – External Email Address Not Retained in eSignature Package Wizard. When users run the eSignature Package Wizard and populate the Signer or Recipient field with an email address that is not in the Address Book, the field once again retains the entered email address instead of displaying a set of parenthesis when the user tabbed out of the field.
- CON-8094 – Display Issue in Approvers List for Contract Request Type Template. When an Administrator selects one or more approvers for a Contract Request Type Template, the list of selected approvers once again displays properly.
- CON-8097 – Reports Using Contract Type as Grouping Option Generate Duplicate Report Headings. Users can once again use the Contract Type field to group data in a report created using the Report Wizard without the report displaying multiple instances of the same contract type heading.
- CON-8125 – Cannot Run Report When Message Field Used as Filter. Users can run a report using the Report Wizard and use any of the fields in the Messaging screen as a report filter without receiving an error message. Previously, only the date fields could be used to run an error-free report.
- CON-8189 - Service Error When Completing an Approval Step in Workflow. Users no longer receive an error message when approving or declining a step using a workflow template that is comprised of an Action step, followed by a Simple Gateway step.
- SC-132 – Contract Profiles Created from Approved Salesforce Contract Requests Cannot Be Edited. When a salesperson creates a contract request in Salesforce and submits for approval, the Contract Profile that is created when the request is approved can now be edited even if the salesperson deletes the Salesforce account used in the original contract request. Previously, when a Salesforce account that was linked to a Contract Profile was deleted, any updates to the Contract Profile could not be saved.
- SC-173 – Mapping Issue for Salesforce Requestor Field and Field. Administrators can once again map the Salesforce Requestor field to a field without the value in the field being lost when a contract request is made in Salesforce and submitted for approval.