Required Profile Permissions for Salesforce Winter '20 Critical Update
Salesforce Winter '20 Critical Update Impact on Conga Products
The Salesforce Winter '20 Critical Update "Require Customize Application Permission for Direct Read Access to Custom Metadata Types" impacts the ability of Composer and Conga Quote Generation to read the Composer Settings custom metadata type.
The Composer Settings custom metadata determines general connection information when launching Composer and Conga Quote Generation from the /apex/APXTConga4__Conga_Composer Visualforce page. User access to this custom metadata is critical for product usage.
Users with insufficient access to the Composer Settings custom metadata type receive the following error message when attempting to access the /apex/APXTConga4__Conga_Composer Visualforce page: An internal server error has occurred.
For more information about this critical update, see Require Customize Application Permission for Direct Read Access to Custom Metadata Types (Critical Update).
Follow the steps below to avoid this error and ensure that users have sufficient access to the /apex/APXTConga4__Conga_Composer Visualforce page.
Add the Necessary Custom Metadata to User Profiles
- Navigate to Salesforce Setup → Users → Profiles.
- Click the relevant custom profile link for your users.
- Click Custom Metadata Types under the Apps section.
- Click Edit.
- Add the following Custom Metadata Types for each Conga product that the user (that is assigned this specific profile) accesses to the Enabled Custom Metadata Types section. After adding the Custom Metadata Types, click Save.
Older versions of Composer may not require all of the custom metadata types listed below. Check Critical Update Actions for Composer Versions to see what custom metadata types are required for your version of Composer.
- APXTConga4.Composer Setting
- APXTConga4.Conga Solution Export Environment
- APXTConga4.Conga Solution Export Setting
- APXTConga4.Connected App Setting
- Conga Quote
- Salesforce CPQ: Conga Quotes.APXTCFQ.Composer Setting
- Salesforce CPQ: Conga Quotes.APXTCFQ.Conga Solution Export Environment
- Salesforce CPQ: Conga Quotes.APXTCFQ.Conga Solution Export Setting
- Salesforce CPQ: Conga Quotes.APXTCFQ.Connected App Setting