Update the Conga Composer Button URL from Release 7 to Release 8
When you upgrade from previous versions of Conga Composer to Release 8, you must also update the Conga Composer button URLs to use the new user interface, template building options, and support tools. You can do this in a few minutes by copying and pasting.
To update your Conga Composer Button URL from Release 7 to Release 8:
- Navigate to a Conga Composer managed button (available on standard Salesforce® objects) and click Edit.
- Highlight and copy the first three lines of the button URL.
- Open the Conga Composer custom button to be updated and click Edit.
- Highlight and delete the first three lines of the button URL (from “https” through the Partner Server URL field).
- Paste the three lines of the button URL you copied above in step 2 at the beginning of this URL.
It should now begin with https://composer.congamerge.com instead of https://www.appextremes.com/.
- Click Save.
Ensure there are no spaces in your button URL. They sometimes appear at the ends of the lines after copying and pasting. Spaces in the button URL will prevent Composer from working.
After saving, the updated button will now run on Composer Release 8, including the new user interface, template building options and support tools.